Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Health, or lack thereof?!?!?!

So, as I sit at the computer to do bookwork today, I can't get over the fact that there's no ambition or energy coming from me whatsoever!

Over the last number of years, I've had many doctors appointments, physicals, blood tests, etc. I've taken vitamins - even prenatal ones, when I'm not preggers! I get a good 8 hours sleep pretty much every night. My diet is not fantastic, but I eat my veggies and try to watch my portion sizes, etc. I even went to a gym for a year and GAINED weight, and stayed just as tired!

So, you tell me!!!! What on earth am I doing wrong? Why do I never feel like doing ANYTHING?!?! I look around at all there is to do, and I feel so tired and lazy that it's not funny! I've asked people all over the place for tips or ideas... I'm not finding any that are working! So, I'm up for any new ideas... As long as they're not too far "out there" or expensive, I'm getting close to being ready to try anything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mona,

I'm always hesitant to offer advice about stuff like this, because I never want to overstep the bounds of any advice you might get from your Doctor. That said, have you seen an Endocrinologist? Severe fatigue is often associated with something out of whack in the endocrine system. It could be your thyroid (most likely 'hypo' rather than 'hyper'), your pituitary, your adrenals, or any of the connections between these things. If you want to research it yourself, you could google any of the above, or the term "HPA axis". I personally have a non-functioning Thyroid and a non-functioning Pituitary, so that's where a large part of my fatigue comes from (although not ALL of it). Of course, there are many other varied causes of extreme fatigue ranging from Lyme Disease to Mono, and plenty of others. Here's another question: do you have any joint pain? persistent low-grade fever? recurring nausea? any other symptoms at all? (even though they may seem unconnected) The sad truth is - and I've learned this the hard way - many endocrine problems go undiagnosed for years because 'regular' family doctors are just not trained to see the symptoms. If you were my daughter, I would strongly suggest that you ASK you doctor for a referral to an Endocrinologist. He may not come up with it himself. And sometimes we really have to be our own advocates when it comes to our health. I know people who have struggled for many years (20+) with debilitating fatigue and other vague symptoms, and it wasn't until they got pro-active and took the bull by the horns that they were finally able to get a diagnoses, and ultimately treatment. They're only regret is that they waited so long.

I don't say all this to scare you. I just hate to see anyone languish in 'feeling-like-crap land' a moment longer than necessary. Please feel free to pick my brain on this stuff. I've had TONS of experience, and the next time I'm awake, I'll be glad to share! :)

Duchess Mimi said...

Mona, definitely agree with Brenda on this one. I was feeling the same way, went to a Naturopath, my thyroid was slowing down, she put me on some herbs - kelp and vitamin D and B6 complex and I have to tell you, NEW PERSON!