Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Well, I don't have a lot to report on these days. Pretty much the "same old same old" going on around here! And yet, there's always SOMETHING going on, isn't there?!

17 days ago I fell and sprained my ankle rather badly. I thought for sure it was a break, so off to the hospital I went, in style, by ambulance! When I arrived there, there was my wonderful hubby waiting for me! I told him not to worry about it, and he could just go back to work and I'd call someone when I needed a ride home. But he insisted he wasn't going anywhere! He sat and held my hand through the waiting and the hurting! He has proceeded to take excellent care of me ever since! He really kicked into high gear for me when I really needed it! Guess if there's any "good" time to injure myself, then it's at this time of year!! I'm now getting around pretty well, and have just started driving again, but he's still hanging in there and putting up with me, and helping me whenever it's needed! I just love him!!!!

Hmmm... what else is new???

Well, my father is recovering VERY well. It's been 2 months since his double by-pass open heart surgery. He's dropped nearly 20 pounds and is feeling terrific. He's still tiring out easily, but he's really doing very well. He walks a lot, and if the weather is poor outside, he heads of to the gym (he's actually had a membership there about 6 years or so now) and hits the treadmill! Looking back at how serious all of this has been, I've really come to the conclusion that the little stuff is SO NOT WORTH getting worked up about! I even told him that the other day! The little things that would normally get us all in a dither and scrappin' with each other, well, they just aren't that important, so why are we wasting our time or energy on them, right? Anyway! It felt good to be able to be open with him. It's still not a "natural" thing, but I am not willing to stay "distant" like we've been in the past, so this is a start! And yes, I'm still trying to make sure I give him a hug & tell him I love him as often as I see him! Another thing that doesn't come naturally, but I'm really working on it, and I think it's going to really pay off!

We're into the thick of things with Christmas only 2 weeks away now. It's very exciting, especially when you have little kids around! I love how much fun they have. Evan has a Santa hat that he wants to wear all the time. Noah & Courtney are constantly making their Santa lists. But the best part of it all is hearing my little Evan, at 4 years old, telling me that he knows the real reason we have Christmas! "It's all because of Jesus' birthday, Mom!" Makes my heart sing! (Just one more reason why I love our kids' Christian school!!)

Justin started indoor soccer last night. He had a lot of fun, but sure was tired this morning! He and one of his best buddies are on a team together, so that makes it even more fun! Courtney is still doing ballet lessons, every second Saturday for 3 hour lessons. She loves it, but I'm finding it to be very difficult to keep her practicing. 2 weeks between lessons is a long time! But we're doing our best to make sure she keeps on it.

Noah insists he hates school, but you should see him. He gets home from school and right away grabs a pen/pencil and paper and starts writing... constantly asking how to spell different words so that he can make a list or write a story or make a special "card" for someone! Then he will walk around asking people, "how much does this-plus-this equal?" His favourite thing lately is asking me to make him word searches! The other day he was at Grandma's and she got out some little books and by the end of the afternoon he was reading them to us! I'd be interested to see how he was if he loved school!!!!! hehehe!!!!

Well, I should be off to wrap a few presents and pick up the kids from school. But for now...

Merry Christmas and God bless you all!!!!!

No comments: