Monday, September 22, 2008

And so it goes...

The last post was fairly negative, wasn't it?

Well... some days life just feels like it's ganging up on you, doesn't it? That was one of those days, believe me!

But it's fantastic how life turns around without any warning. When we only look at the negative, things inevitably get worse. But when we choose to find the good in things and concentrate on the love that is surrounding us, things can only seem brighter.

We don't always live that way, though, do we? I mean, sometimes things just get ugly. You wake up in the morning and things start going so wrong that you wish you could just go back to your bed and curl up under the covers, and just stay there all day! I know all about it! After all, it's a common occurance around my house to wake up to fighting children, and kids not doing as they're told!

Or what about the days where life seems to be going along wonderfully and then someone snaps or pulls a really dumb stunt on you and all of a sudden, just like that, things start rolling downhill again!

So, I guess we really need to look at how to react to all of these "crummy" things, in order to stay as far away from the bad days as possible, right? How do we do this, though? Because some days it just feels like there's nothing that could possible go right or get any better!

Well, I've learned over the years that the first and best and most effective way to deal with it is to... PRAY ABOUT IT! I mean really, our best defense, offense and everything in between, should really start with our most powerful tool - prayer! After all, God IS on our side! So when it all starts to go crazy, just stop and pray!!!! I have found, from experience, that when we use prayer as our last resort, that's just what it feels like - a last resort because everything is so awful! But when we turn it around and use it as our first, and most powerful weapon, it'll help fight off that bad stuff, or at least help us to deal with it in a more Christian-like manner!

No, life won't be all roses and sweetness, just because we pray! Don't ever let anyone tell you that! But it is SO much more bearable when we keep Christ right beside us and stay in constant communication with Him! After all, He IS our best friend, who only wants the best for us!

So, tonight, while I sit here watching my kids argue and misbehave and avoid homework and chores, etc., etc., etc., I am telling myself that before I "flip out" and freak on them for driving me crazy, I must stop and ask for God's help so I can be patient and kind and show love instead of the pure frustration that I am currently feeling!!!!!!!

Through God, ALL things are possible - even me being patient!

No comments: